20 February 2009

Mommy Moments: Feeding Time

mommy moments


It's Mommy Moments time again! Last week I didn't have a chance to make a love letter, but today I'm ready. This week theme is Feeding Time.

Feeding Time1
Evan was rather fussy at the first time I tried to breastfeed him. He did not refuse it, he was just unwilling to suck. He sucked for a moment and then stopped. I couldn't help feeling rejected at that time, but the nurses said sometimes these things happened to a new born and they encouraged me to keep trying. After a few tries he finally began to nurse properly. He was introduced to formula milk on his first week, but I still breastfed him for some months.

Feeding Time2
He can eat by himself now, although it will take ages until he finishes up his food. It was easier to feed him when he was a baby, now he became more picky. He eats better at school though, somehow being around his schoolmates increase his appetite. He likes bread, noodles, sausage, meatballs and fried rice for his lunch-box.

Click on the button above if you want to join Mommy Moments.

14 comments:

  1. I had that same experience after giving birth. I thought I will not be able to breastfeed. He also unwilling to suck. But Mommy didn't stop until he finally was able to love my milk. I was praying that he must, because my breasts are getting heavier everyday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooOOOooo I love the scrapbook page where did you get them? Time flies so fast before they are so dependent and now they feed themselves!

    Me too I had same experience my daughter don't want to suck scared me actually! But they were right the kid sucked when she got really hungry!

    Hope you can visit mine too :) Happy weekend!

    Earthlingorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Enchie - hahaha yes they were getting heavier everyday, lol.

    @ earthlingorgeous - it's a free complemantary software from my Canon printer. I was scared too but you're right they will suck when they got hungry.

    Thx for the comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had trouble with the Little Princess not sucking enough at the beginning...but once she got the hang of it, that girl could eat! LOL!!

    CUTE pictures! Your boy is a DOLL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is cutie and the frames is great., Mine is up also. TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow nice scrappy =) did you buy it or you made it tlga? ganda....heheh ang sarap ng kain ng baby mo ah...my kids dn so picky...hay hirap magpakain =( hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for being part of mommy moments again!

    my little girl is very picky too.. its good that now at age 5, she tries something new every now and then... and we also use reward systems and she enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's so adorable. My little one is a picky eater too. Though her favorite food right now is rice. Thanks for stopping by. Happy weekend to your too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mia picked up on eating when she started preschool too. I'm just glad the "being picky" stage is slowly ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had the same experience with my boy. I think mine refuse to suck because he's not getting enough milk from me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think there really comes a time when kids become picky with the food they eat. I became worried when my son, who used to eat voraciously every meal, started not liking most of what we gave him. I think that was a few months after he turned 1 year old. He was even given an appetite stimulant to help him eat more. He's still a little bit picky now, but when he likes a particular food, he eats a lot of that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. naku good for you that you did not give up on feednig him..

    my kids are like that, they eat more pag their eating
    with playmates.

    Make or Break

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like he realy likes what he is eating.. just looks at his expression.. thanks for sharing!

    just dropping by and doing my late rounds of Mommy Moment entries thanks for visiting my entry

    hope you can also visit sweetytots

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am here visit your blog. I will also love to post this to my blog if i got time. I love this post. And My daughter have a tag for your son. Hope you grab them.

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!