06 February 2009

Mommy Moments: My Pregnancy Days



This week theme is Pregnancy Days. Who can ever forget those days! It was on the mid of February 2005 when I received the official pregnancy test result. At that time I was already two months pregnant and just came back from Thailand for an office assignment. Since then my days were combination of joy, hope, worry, spotting, vomiting (I don't want to call it morning sickness because I think my sickness forgot to check its watch before coming), moods changing, car accident, etc., but all ended up with joy again.


I was 4.5 months pregnant

I can't remember exactly how many times I had spotting and it seems too many times I heard my doctor (and family) told me to take a rest, yet they could not stop me from working, until my doctor ordered me to take a total bed rest at the hospital for 3 days. I remember vomiting throughout the pregnancy without any particular cause. Sometimes just hearing my husband's car could make me vomit. My family would jokingly say, "Oh daddy's home!" whenever I started to vomit :)

When I was 6 months pregnant, I had a car accident. I was on my way home from work using a taxi because my husband could not pick me up. The driver couldn't see the road clearly because of the heavy rain and he hit a concrete traffic separator. He hit it quite hard until the taxi got stuck on it. God heard me calling His name at that time, so nothing bad happened to my pregnancy. Just bruises on my hands and knees because I used them to protect my body when falling from the backseat. The picture above was taken at the office when I was about 8 months pregnant. I still came to work until a week before due date.

This picture was taken when I was preparing myself to the hospital one day before delivery. 

My C-section was scheduled at 9 in the morning, so I had to go to the hospital at the night before. We actually had planned to go there at midnight, but in the evening I already started to have contraction so we went to the hospital right away. After checking my condition, the doctor said everything was fine and no need to change the schedule.

Lastly, the picture below was taken on my way to the Operation Room. That marked the last minutes of me having Evan inside my body. We tried to smile even though we had mix feelings in our heart. But, again, in the end it was all joy!



Should you want to join Mommy Moments, just click the button on my sidebar.

10 comments:

  1. the last photo was so sweet and your note with

    "That marked the last minutes of me having Evan inside my body. We tried to smile even though we had mix feelings in our heart. But, again, in the end it was all joy!"

    .. (i am teary eyed.. )

    My preggy days
    is here..

    OO nga why they called it morning sickness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey sweet nmnlast pic =) CS k pla ehhehe =) nweis ang tragic nmn ng experience mo...buti okay nmn ikaw no...nweis tnx for dropping by! =) saya ng mommy moments no! ikukuwento ko p ung isang experience ko sa isang baby ko sa isang blog ko eheheheh =0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that was frightening. Thank God you're both safe when you had that accident. And everything went well in the end. And look at Evan now, he is so handsome =).

    Thanks for visiting also my baby blog. My first time to meet an indonesian even thru online. I thought you are also filipino hihi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one tough Momma! And as they say, children are really big with Him. I am amazed with such miracle.

    You're very pretty with those dresses. I was too big that I didn't bother wearing one because my thighs were well, also too big! Hehe!

    Take care now.

    http://twinkiegolosino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God you were okay after the car accident!

    By the way, I like your photo with your hubby :)

    Thanks for sharing your mommy moments again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking good Mommy! and thank God nothing happened to you and your baby. You are truly in His protective hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My! An accident during pregnancy! That must have been scary. Good thing both you and Evan came out of it unharmed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that dress..ang cute di ba? and you can even wear it post partum..

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank God nothing big happened to you during the accident.
    i quite know the feeling when you are being prepared for the operation...nakakakaba na excited. good job Evan's Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice mommy moments photos, i envy you guys you were pretty during your pregnancy and thank god you and evan were okay after the car accident. God is really good and watching over you.

    got tag for you here http://shydub-simplehappylife.blogspot.com/2009/02/got-tag-thanks.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!