Last weekend we went to the Bobo Fair at Jakarta Convention Center. Bobo is probably the oldest still-existing children magazine here. I grew up with Bobo, my parents introduced me to the magazine when I was at Evan's age now. There were other children magazines at the time I grew up, but Bobo was my favorite. Now it was time for me to introduce Bobo to my son.Being in the event really brought back the memory of my early childhood. I (and most of the parents there) tried to explain to my little boy about some famous characters from the magazines as well as recollecting the memories. I still remember Bobo (a blue rabbit) and his siblings Upik and Coreng; Bona (a little elephant with a long trunk) and Rong Rong (a black cat); Sirik (a bad witch) and Juwita (a kind witch); Princess Nirmala and Oki her best friend, also Cici (a little girl) and her science stories, etc.
Here are some pictures taken when we were there. These are the main characters from Bobo's family, Bobo (blue) and Upik (pink).
As the theme's event, "Me and Technology", there was an exhibition area where the kids could see various technology being displayed. My son was so fascinated with a miniature plane and car race track.

They also had a play area, an operetta show, bazaar, games, etc.

One of the mascots there and, as shown in the picture, my son didn't like taking picture with him ^_^
He looked quite a bit concerned in that last picture. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately i havent got the time to maintain the Drop Stars blogroll anymore, so i am removing it from my website.
ReplyDeleteIf you could remove your badge too i would be grateful.
Thank you again for being my Drop Star, and i will 'drop by' again soon :)
hello!
ReplyDeleteyou might want to join http://www.mommyjourney.com/2009/07/jumpstart-review-and-giveaway.html