If you're an Entrecarder you probably received and somehow surprisingly, just like me, you actually took your time to read a notification email from Entrecard about Top Dropper Day. Pasted from EC blog:
Next Saturday, January 31 is Top Dropper Day. On this day, every Entrecard member participating in Top Dropper Day is going to write a blog post thanking their Top Droppers and linking to them.
How do you find out your Top Droppers? Pasted from EC blog:
On your Entrecard statistics page, if you scroll down, you can see a list of your top droppers. These are the people who visit your site most frequently to drop a card.
Even though I've done this for my last month top droppers and planned on doing it monthly, I was hesitant at first to join the event. Some of the commentators there (yes I read all the 160+ comments) are really made their points. I even rated "it rocks!" to one of them (Sezwho only allowed me to rate once per post, I wish I could rate all comments I like). However, at the very last minute, I've decided to participate (my comment was #163). It is because I appreciate all my droppers regardless their opinion about this event.
There are some details that seems have been forgotten by the event holder though:
1. Time differences. Indonesian time is 12 hours ahead EC time, means if I post it on Saturday morning, some of my droppers are still doing their last minutes drop for Friday. I don't think it's fair for them. Do I have to wait till Sunday morning? Ooops, sorry guys, Sunday is my "No EC Day" :)
2. After posting it, then what? How will EC pick up the winners? Will their staff look thru all participants' lists? How do we know that it's a fair pick?
So until I'm satisfied about how this event runs, I will stick with my own way of thanking my top droppers: posting it on the first week of the month! It maybe late but it's accurate and fair to all droppers! In the mean time I just put the widget on my sidebar. If you're a participant, or maybe you're one of Graham's staff, just scroll down a bit after you drop to check on my Top 15 Droppers. Updated Feb 2th: I already posted it, so just check my next post!!!
Whether your blog is listed or not, THANK YOU very much for dropping on my card!
Whether your blog is listed or not, THANK YOU very much for dropping on my card!
Enjoy your weekend everybody!
Don't spend it "only" on dropping :)
Don't spend it "only" on dropping :)
All good points. It never occurred to me the time difference and how will they pick a winner. Thanks for your insight. Now you've got me thinking. Thanks. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThanks Michelle, that's because I've seen many contests/giveaways that were planned much better than this :)
ReplyDelete