10 January 2009

Mount Tangkuban Parahu


"Hurry up dad, it's freezing...!"

Another place we visited during our New Year holiday was Tangkuban Parahu, a still active volcano at the north of Bandung. We did not stay there for long because the wind was too cold for Evan. Even after I put on an extra hat and scarf on him he was still shivering. Besides, the sulfur smell was unbearable, it got stronger once you came near the craters. At the picture above you can see one of the craters behind Evan. I forget how many craters there but I remember there were more than one. 

Soon after we took some pictures, we hurried back to our car. Then the boy spotted some horses near the car-park and started begging to ride them. No horse riding on that day though, because I saw his nose became red and did not want him to get cold. We only took a few shots near the horses then moved on.




6 comments:

  1. that looks like a wonderful place and I can tell that is't fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. evan is a well-travelled boy! he must be so happy and blessed to have you for his parents!
    we love to tag our kids along too when we go to places, it makes them learn many things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks really cold! we\re also enjoying a cool weather here in Manila :) keep warm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. theres one pics of him seems like he didn't mind the cool weather. thats a nice place, where is that bandung by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments :)
    Elizabeth: yes, we try to bring him to many places

    Enchie: I too like the cool temp; I would've enjoyed more if only it came without rain :)

    Mova: thanks for the award, I'll check on that

    FickleMinded & Shydub: indeed he had fun; Bandung is the capital city of West Java, Indonesia

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!