After being canceled for about two months because of the rainy season, starting this month the swimming class is opened again. Yesterday was my son's first swimming lesson. Even though the pool is part of the school's facility and designed for kindergarten kids, still I was concerned at first about his safety like being left unsupervised for example. But the teacher assured us that there be enough staff to help the kids.
The teacher was right, there were plenty of staff helping the kids in the water. There was a swim teacher who gave basic instructions to each kid, and others who supervised and helped the kids practicing their lessons.
They also encouraged kids not to use their swim ring so they could learn better. While some kids refused it, my son obeyed them ;). They told us swimming without swim ring is a way to teach little children to depend on adults instead of any flotation toy while they're in the water. It will keep us adults to always be alert either.
Have a good day :)
wow this is very inspiring for my son...its one of the things I want him to learn too :)
ReplyDeleteWow, summer is really fun for the kids! I really love to enroll my kids in swimming lessons too. I just hope our budget permits :)
ReplyDeletewow! so nice! i'm wishing for an activity for my son as well and we thought of Taekwondo. i inquired in a gym near our area and 8 sessions of 1 1/2 hrs cost P2,000. we are prioritizing his enrollment to kumon this month on top of that so maybe next time the taekwondo.
ReplyDeletei bet he's having fun learning swimming.
I know you're just one proud mom. It is so nice to see our kids growing and discovering what are the things they like to do:-)
ReplyDeleteHow fun for him!
ReplyDelete