13 March 2009

Mommy Moments: Sleeping Time

mommy moments


This week Mommy Moments theme is Sleeping Time.

When it's time for Evan to go to bed, whether he already sleepy or not, I usually offer him a bottle of milk to start his sleeping time. Though he already use cup or glass to drink, he still need bottle for this. He will hold the bottle with one hand while the other hand plays with his navel. Somehow he finds this activity is relaxing and able to make him sleepy. After finishing his milk, he'll start sucking his thumb and soon he'll fall asleep.


Playing with his navel is a sign that he's sleepy. Whenever his hand starts looking for his navel I need to give him milk soon otherwise he'll fall asleep without having one. That means he'll wake up in the middle of the night asking for milk. I can't remember exactly when this habit started, but I do remember one day when he was still wearing diapers, he cried saying he lost his navel. Apparently his diaper covered it and he couldn't sleep because he couldn't touch it. As for his sucking thumb, it's been going on since he was a baby and we still haven't found the best way to stop it.

This is his alternative sleeping position.


When he was still a baby, he usually raised either one or both of his hands up while sleeping.


For joining Mommy Moments just click the button above. Have a great day!


Too Little Time to Blog, Learn from Blogging Info

9 comments:

  1. Evan and my son Justin have the same habit, playing with their navel when they're about to go to sleep. At first, I let him do that, but there was a time when his navel got infected, and so I'm now keeping an eye on him whenever he touches his navel. I now prevent him from doing that if I can. Most of the time, though, he doesn't get caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the kids really looks cute when they are sleeping. Cute ng kids mo oy. I got also an entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's so cute sleeping...i know there are some ways to stop thumb-sucking...its one of the hardest baby habits to be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its so cool that you were able to capture all his sleeping habits on cam. well, each child does have their own habit.

    by the way, pls dont forget to put your URL link at Mr. Linky on my site so others can visit you too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sleeping pictures. Your pictures are adorable. I can watch my children sleep as if I was watching a program on television.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my daughter never get the thumb sucking habit ever. he looks like he is so comfy doin that!

    Earthlingorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing more precious then a sleeping baby. I remember sitting and watching my little one for hours. Thanks so much for you advice on my new template. I'm going to try and see if the code you gave me is in my template hiding some where. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's me again. I used the code that you suggest and it worked. I'm so excited. I can see my navigation bar again. Yippie! Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I was lost when it came to fixing it. Your awesome. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. some kids really like playing with their bellybutton when they're sleepy.
    my entry's up too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!