16 March 2009

A Long Rainy Season

This rainy season has been going on for too long now. Usually, starting March we're supposed to have sun shines at least once or twice a week, but no it's still raining every day now. I've checked on the weather forecast and this is the result for this week ahead.


Even animals are getting tired with the weather too. Yesterday we had an uninvited guest at our house, a snake about 1 meter long that came from a nature conservation area near our house. Besides serves as a water catchment for our city, this area also a home for some animals such as squirrels, snakes, monitor lizards, owls and many songbirds. During uncommon weather condition like this some of the animals sometimes go out visiting their neighbors.

Yesterday a snake decided to stop by to say hello to our poor terrified nanny. She jumped and screamed when she saw it in our living room. As for our boy, even though he was also afraid it didn't stop him from telling our neighbors about this. Having lived in this area for years, I know there's nothing much we can do about it except pouring salt around the house to keep those visitors away. I hope this rainy season will end soon coz it greatly slow down my internet too!

1 comment:

  1. Oohhh, I don't like snakes...gives me the shivers, I can't imagine how your nanny felt.

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!