Do you like grilled fish?
Here's your fish... How do you like it served?
Our favorite is with lots of cayenne pepper and Nasi Jaha
Preparing Nasi Jaha
Note: Nasi Jaha (nasi=rice, jaha/jahe=ginger) are glutinous rice wrapped by banana leaf and flavored with gingers, lemon grass, shallots and pandanus leaf. Uncooked rice, thick coconut milk and other ingredients are filled into the bamboo segments after lining the inside of bamboos with banana leaf. Then they are lined up around wood fire until cooked. It's a traditional recipe from Manado, North Sulawesi, where my family came from.
Happy WW!


Well I'll be honest that I don't like grilled fish. Actually it depends on what fish...hehehe. I still like fried though =P
ReplyDeleteI played as well -> http://www.reejane.com
Well since you asked :) I like my fish live and swimming. (I expect they do do ;) Happy WW
ReplyDeleteNasi Jaha is like "suman" here in the Philippines. I like grilled fish, too. We usually just combine soy sauce, calamansi, and hot pepper to go with anything grilled. Happy New Year to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteI love fish! and grilled one is just mouth watering:).Happy WW!
ReplyDeleteYour Nasi Jaha sounds similar to our Lemang here. Heavenly when eaten with rendang. :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE fish but don't know how to cook it =( My mom never made fish. In fact, the first time I ate fish was when I was 26! Weird right?
ReplyDeleteLove the pics btw =)
The grilled fish sounds wonderful. Plus I got a lot of ideas of different ways of doing it right through these comments. Thanks All.
ReplyDeleteGrilled fish is delicious and good for you. But I must admit I like some fish more than others. I'm thoroughly impressed by the chef in the photos.
ReplyDelete@Joanne, we like fried fish too
ReplyDelete@Sukhmandir Kaur, oh that one too! however, I think some fishes look better on a plate :)
@Tetcha, we like to add soy sauce to have some sweet taste on it
@Sam, agree!
@Lina, here lemang mostly found in Sumatra, I usually have them with fermented rice though. Should try with rendang next time :)
It's quite similar with lemang. The main difference is nasi jaha (as the name suggests jaha/jahe=ginger) has strong ginger flavor.
@Ms. Latina, first time ate fish at 26? I have to say yes, it is weird :)
@Grampy, glad you found ideas here
@Francesca, we let him had fun for awhile :). Our preference is mackerel tuna (like the one in the picture) for grilled fish.
sipag naman ni kuya :) that looks really yummy!
ReplyDeleteu may view mine here
You can try wrapping the fish in an aluminum foil with some spices on it. Don't flip so that the juice will not leak out
ReplyDeletei like grilled fish especialy if it's a salmon or mikfish, i just want it dipped in soy sauce with lemon or calamansi! yummy and healthy!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.horizonsweb.info/2010/01/business-plans-and-opportunities.html
http://www.facilityserv.net/2010/01/ww-kids-at-camp.html
looks real yummy :)
ReplyDelete