Something bad happened last night, not to me but to my blog. Hotlinkfiles, a free file hosting service I use, without any warning changed my folder to private, so nobody could make a direct access to the files. I didn't know exactly when they changed it, all I know was when I tried to access my blog around 10pm last night it's already happened. And then I saw a message from Kat of Memoirs of A Mother who kindly enough informing me about this thru Entrecard. Thank you Kat I really appreciate that :)
I've been enjoying using Hotlinkfiles actually, at least until last night, because they accept all kind of files. I used to put 4 JavaScript, 1 CSS and 6 images needed for my current template there. So that's why when they changed my folder status to private, my blog became a mess! Nobody could read it, mainly because of the warning messages saying that my background image was missing. So instead of doing my dropping routine, I spent almost two hours fixing my template last night :(
I still use their service though because I don't know any other provider to host my JavaScript and CSS files for FREE. I made a new hidden folder and moved my non image files there, so at least they are still accessible. As for the images, I moved them to Photobucket which is I think it's more reliable, I hope I think right.
I wonder what other free service I use on the net will make sudden changes without any notification. Last week Blogger changed all my "Blogs I'm following" status to anonymous without warning. Yesterday it was Hotlinkfiles' turn to change my folder status to private. Is it become a trend now?
Anyway, I don't know exactly when it started and how long my blog became a mess yesterday. I know it wasn't happening all day long because it was ok when I checked it yesterday afternoon and I still got two comments and some new messages at my Cbox. However, if any of you happened to be here yesterday and found a messy blog, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. It's fixed now, I think.
Have a great day!
I've been enjoying using Hotlinkfiles actually, at least until last night, because they accept all kind of files. I used to put 4 JavaScript, 1 CSS and 6 images needed for my current template there. So that's why when they changed my folder status to private, my blog became a mess! Nobody could read it, mainly because of the warning messages saying that my background image was missing. So instead of doing my dropping routine, I spent almost two hours fixing my template last night :(
I still use their service though because I don't know any other provider to host my JavaScript and CSS files for FREE. I made a new hidden folder and moved my non image files there, so at least they are still accessible. As for the images, I moved them to Photobucket which is I think it's more reliable, I hope I think right.
I wonder what other free service I use on the net will make sudden changes without any notification. Last week Blogger changed all my "Blogs I'm following" status to anonymous without warning. Yesterday it was Hotlinkfiles' turn to change my folder status to private. Is it become a trend now?
Anyway, I don't know exactly when it started and how long my blog became a mess yesterday. I know it wasn't happening all day long because it was ok when I checked it yesterday afternoon and I still got two comments and some new messages at my Cbox. However, if any of you happened to be here yesterday and found a messy blog, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. It's fixed now, I think.
Have a great day!
oh no i hate it when stuff like that happens. sends you in a right panic!
ReplyDeleteglad you got it sorted.
thanks for adding the drop star badge. i have added you to the blogroll :)