We were at the mall the other day when this happened. I was waiting at the checkout line when Evan messed-up with the separator and it fell off. The first thing came out from my mouth was, "You have to fix it!" Then I thought, "Oh I sounded like my teachers." I remember my teachers used to say that when someone broke the school's property back when I was a kid. Though what really happened was they would call the parents asking for a new one. Anyway, in my son's case, yes I made him fixed it!


After he finished, the cashier gave him a balloon to cheer him up.
I think that's a good way of teaching your kid. It's not really punishing him, but what you did teaches him to be responsible. Some parents thinks doing something like that to their kid means humiliation but i think children now grow up too fast and often adapts the wrong way. Responsibility should be taught from young so that when they get older, parents are less burdened and there won't be much trouble.
ReplyDelete*^_~*
I agree with Lizzie. It's a good training. I also tell my son the same thing if he messes up something. The balloon was a very sweet gesture. Now Evan knows. For every good deed, something good may happen.
ReplyDeleteThat is good, teaches him to be responsible in all his action. Good boy evan and he really did fix it.
ReplyDeleteI have friendship chain tag for you in my blog,grab it.
Oh my dayz rofl he is so cute with that balloon. I bet everyone spoils him. You are a very kind and responsible parent and I need to learn a thing or two.
ReplyDelete