18 December 2009

Mommy Moments: My Favorite Mommy Moments Post

mommy moments

This week we are to feature any Mommy Moments post we have made that we love the most. I have several favorite topics on MM actually; however the most favorite, if I have to choose one, that will be when we talked about our kid's name and the story behind it, or The Name Game on August 28, 2009.

The timing of that topic was just perfect for me. I was 7 months pregnant and still looking for baby names. Reading other moms' posts that week confirmed our believes that names should mean something.

I then included that post in a commenting contest I sponsored the following weeks and got more comments. It's interesting to read about how people got their names or named their kids. I copied and posted all comments here so you can read them too.

sweet_shelo said...
great names with great meanings.. Your son surely has a beautiful name.=)
Yami said...
Napansin ko Mommy puro unique names ang mga pangalan ng mga anak ng fellow mommies including yours. I've heard Evan before pero hindi pa ang Keona. :-)
life's journey said...
Ang ganda talaga ng mga names ng mag anak natin oy hehehhe. Mine is up too.
Tetcha said...
Evan Keona is a nice combination. Truly unique! Mine is up, too!
Lynn said...
Well yes, kids are God's gifts. Evan Keona, a very apt name for a child. I particularly love the name Evan.
Chris said...
great names!
EdZee said...
May I join your name game by citing how we gave name to one of our children? Our first born, a boy, was named in honor of his grandfathers, a traditional way but we do it with tweaks. His paternal grandfather was Marcelo while it was Valeriano for his mother's side. We named him Marc Valeri.
Kristy said...
I would suggest Eugene, which means well-born.
Happy name-choosing!

Kristy
tettro[at]gmail.com
Jennifer said...
Why are some of the comments in some garbled language? Strange...anyway, I like your son's name because it's unique. My first daughter's name was a name I always said I would name my first girl...unfortunately, it was also the most common at that time (Ashley). My second & third daughters are Kiara & Jocelyn, then my last 2 girls I named Amber and Lacey. Even my son has a unique name: Dakota.
Mys said...
such a unique name. great entry.
Dragonblogger said...
Our 2nd son was named Oliver because we wanted an old world name that was regal sounding. It just rolled off the tongue.
Joy said...
That's nice! I never would have thought of using two different variants of a name, but it works very well.
E names... Elijah is a nice one. Emir/Amir is an Arabic name, it means prince.
zuls said...
Wow! The way you choose the name are interesting. I have my friend with name Erwin, Ezwan and Eddy. I don't really know what it means though.
maricel said...
what i suggest is nathaniel.. i love that name...good luck!
Mara said...
Evan is nice, first time I heard Keona though. :)
You wouldn't want to know my real name. It's so old school. My dad wanted all of his children to have MA's so all 8 of us are named Mario, Marvin, Maria..., Maria..., Maria..., that's to say us girls have Maria at the beginning of our names and the 9th and youngest one is a a Jr. (II). When I researched what my name means, it's contradicting: Light and Bitter. LOL.

Anyway, a suggestion for your second child's name... how about:

Emmett - strength
Ethan - strong, firm
Fida Abbott said...
Edward is a nice name, if you like it. Eden is beautiful name, too.

Just suggestion, I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. my son name is Ren Nathaniel, Ren came from his Grandfathers (my father and father in law). While the name Nathaniel means "gift from God".

    Have a great weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to read the comments there--very interesting,too!!^_^

    Happy MM!!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lina, I forgot to add it's a long weekend here :)

    @Levy, the same meaning with my Evan's name, God precious gift

    @Clarissa, yes I have fun read them too that's why I copied there. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Evan's Mom,
    same here. We got Friday off for Maal Hijrah. No work next Friday and the next Friday after that too. Yeay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice comments and name suggestions. evan is a good name. fist time to hear keona though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats a great way to look for a baby's name :) cool!

    u may view mine here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, interesting choice.

    A little late for my MM, but hope you could still peek. I broke the rule this time, find out why.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son has a unique name too. I wish I could have joined this post. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whats the name of your second son nga pala mommy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evan is a nice name. I had a hard time looking for my son's name too. I wanted Joshua but parents-in law said it doesn't go with the last name. I name him Noah now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Shydub, his name is Eldrick means righteous ruler :)

    @Ladynred, oh I'm glad we had total control in naming our kids. We did opened for inputs but decisions were up to us. Noah is a good name too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. very interesting theme indeed! :D happy mommy moments!

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!