25 March 2010

Claim Complete

Just got an email from Technorati,
Congratulations, your claim is now complete! Please allow 24 to 48 hours for Authority and recent posts to begin showing for your site now that it has been successfully claimed. Once they are there, we will update your site's Authority once per day...
The claiming process was longer than the first time I registered this blog last year, but much shorter than I expected. I submitted my claim token on the 20th then this morning I got their confirmation email saying they already crawled my token. Later in the evening I saw warning saying that my site description did not cover my content and I had to resubmit it (did they actually read it? or maybe because it was too short). Anyway, I rephrased it and an hour later the email came.

So now I have two claimed blogs...

The first one is this blog using my old blogspot address, which until now is still gaining new authority, and the second one is the same blog using new address. I don't know if this is allowed or not since I couldn't find their rules about changing blog's domain. Will see, if the new claimed blog works fine, I probably will delete my old blog, and kiss my old authority goodbye.

I just wish they work as smart as the same way as Google Webmaster. In Webmaster I didn't need to delete my old blog after I submitted the new one because Google then gradually started to deindex my old pages and index my new pages. Isn't it better that way, so I don't feel like all my hard work gone in one click?

Anyway, enough with the stats!

2 comments:

  1. yey for you!! as i've mentioned before..been a while since i login into technorati.. perhaps now is time.. btw they disable the fav feature right?

    I converted another one of my blog to WP.. yeay.. http://dailyher.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LJ
    Yes they removed it, not sure if it's permanent. Many things still not working on the new site, so disappointing. I just found out I couldn't delete my old claimed blog :(

    Another one? Congrats! :D
    So you really into WP now. I will see it later :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!