"Mama, look Thomas can talk!" That was my son's reaction when he watched the new Thomas & Friends DVD High Speed Adventures. At first, he was shocked looking at the new version of Thomas, but then slowly started to enjoy the show. He really had fun watching it, he laughed throughout the movie. If you familiar with Thomas the Tank Engine, you know that starting last year the show uses new animation style which makes the engines' faces move as they talk. Also there are characters moving around at the background. The show hasn't been aired here, so we have to wait for the DVD release to watch it. Yesterday was the first time for my son to watch the new changes.
High Speed Adventures was the second DVD released from the new Thomas and Friends show. I didn't buy the first DVD, Railway Friends, because of my pro-original Thomas sentiment. As a person who also grew-up with Thomas show, I was one of many fans who disagreed with its new animation style. I even signed the Online Petition to Save Thomas The Tank Engine Model Tradition last year. I wanted the original Thomas! However, when I heard the second DVD being released last month, I was curious and ordered it.
Now after seeing how Evan loves the new version of Thomas, I guess the idea of using CGI animation for the show was not really that bad. So, "Yes son, Thomas can talk now! Hope you enjoy their new adventures."
Have a good day.
My son would surely love this new DVD, too. He's such a fan of Thomas!
ReplyDelete