08 April 2009

Personal Thoughts On My EC Card

If you've been regularly dropping by to my blog you probably know that I disabled my adverts since the beginning of March. I have personal reason to do so. However, since the last couple of days I've seen my card started showing various ads without my approval. Entrecard call them House Ads, as I quote from EC advert settings "These are ads run by Entrecard, for Entrecard services only. These only run when there are no other ads available for your blog."

That means even if your advert is disabled your card still be showing some ads, paid ads. Now, I'm not against paid ads. In fact I can understand EC trying to generate income in order to keep the service free. However, I don't like loosing my authority over who or what gonna show up in my card, something that I think forgotten by EC even though they do mention it: "Entrecard provides the options on this page because we believe your blog is your own, and you should have control over what is shown there." Yeah right!

So rather than showing random ads, last night I changed the status to start receiving ads again (I'd been planning to do it anyway) and approved some of paid ads I know. If I'm not mistaken those are my returning advertisers so I don't mind having them on my card. Again as I said I'm not against paid ads but I believe EC have to find better way to handle them.

This afternoon I was happy to see some regular advertisers already lining up waiting for my approval, most of them are returning advertisers, Yeay welcome back guys! I'm sorry I haven't approved any of you yet because I'm still studying about these current changes. I notice that when I reload some of the blogs I visit their card showing different ads. I don't like that and want to find out how to avoid it first before I approve my ads. I want to know how to have paid and non-paid ads without overlapping each other. So don't go anywhere yet coz I will approve your request soon, and thank you for making the price up :).

Have a good day.

3 comments:

  1. I don't agree with unapproved ads as well. I didn't know that even if you don't want ads, they can put House ads as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I'm not against the paid ad, but they need to find a better way to handle this situation. It seems everyone is getting shorted in the end. Thanks for stopping by and for your awesome comment about EC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too, ec should find a better way for this!

    ReplyDelete

Hello & welcome, love to hear your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!